Time to Prep, Polish and Plan – Your Riding Season Starts Now
It’s been a long winter staring at your motorcycle, which has been put away for the season…waiting and waiting for the first signs of spring. There’s no better sight than when you notice the snow melting and the cheeky bare pavement starts to show. It teases you and starts to get you thinking about the season ahead. A few good April showers and the roads will be yours to ride.
Itching to get riding while having to wait for Mother Nature is a real pain. Just think of the Highlands road builders, who slugged through all seasons to handcraft a motorcycle playground just for you. Why not follow their lead and use this time to get ahead and plan your time on some of the most epic, rugged and exhilarating roads in all of Ontario?
Top 5 reasons you’ll want to ride in Ontario’s Highlands this season:
2. Time with buddies. All riding abilities are welcomed so the whole gang can tag along- that is only if you want them to join.
3. Rider approved accommodation for you & your bike.
4. Down to earth locals and real characters mean you’ll have some unbelievable stories to retell around the water cooler.
5. It’s an honour to ride handcrafted roads and you’ll want to experience them for yourself.
These handcrafted roads are certainly the roads less travelled. They aren’t for the masses but for those who are passionate about riding, understand how time and tradition go into building something by hand and for those willing to tip their hat to a sense of adventure and the unknown.
Whether you’re wanting a long haul adventure or a weekend with the crew, the routes crafted by Ride the Highlands bring the open road to life. Choose from scenic landscapes, corkscrew turns or rugged hills, your experience on the road less travelled is just that – yours.
Here’s how Ride The Highlands makes planning your ride epic & easy
- Choose the type of ride you want to brag about this season. Heck, we convinced our riders to share their Top 10 “Must Ride Routes” so you might as well benefit from our arm-twisting! 5 local rides in Ottawa Valley aren’t too shabby either!
- Find rider approved accommodations along your chosen ride. Easy access and less hassle to park your head (and your bike) is a nice change.
- Following the herd isn’t your thing. Neither is eating like a sheep. Find out the best grub that will fill you up for longer than you can ride.
- Save your back and say “cheese” while you snap a photo at these cool, weird and downright strange roadside attractions. They’re worth stretching your legs for and having a cool story to bring home as a weightless souvenir.
- Your entire trip can be thrown into your “Saddle Bag” at RideTheHighlands.ca. We’ll map it out for you so you can share with your crew, spend less time behind a screen and more time ripping the roads.
- Finally, grab your map and hit the road. Did we mention they’re free?
Got all that and still craving more time on the bike?
Tackle a spring refresher course at Calabogie Motorsports Park, Fast Riding School or Trail Tours
Update your gear with a heated vest. Perfect for early spring rides
Check out the new accommodations, operators and routes added to RideTheHighlands.ca
Handcrafted roads are our thing in Ontario’s Highlands and we know they’re your thing too. Made by the road legends themselves, years in the making – their slugging is your reward. Ride the Highlands is celebrating its 6th anniversary this year and we couldn’t be prouder. Your feedback would make the road legends puff their chests in pride. Let’s leave boring highways at home and cheers to a twisted, rugged riding season ahead in Ontario’s Highlands in 2019!