Insider’s Cut to Ride the Highlands
Updated July 2021
Over the past few years we’ve shared lots of secrets to get you excited about rippin’ it up in the Highlands. Whether you’re a seasoned rider or new to the club, we have the insider’s tips that will make your trip. Check out the stories below for the best roads to cruise, places to grab a bite, or adventures to brag about.
Ride the Highland’s Top Asphalt
For most people travelling on four wheels, roads serve the purpose to move you from point A to point B. For the two-wheeled set, the road is the soul of your journey. As it winds, twists, and meanders, on a bike you become one with the road. Ontario’s Highlands is a special place where straight lines are rare, and smiles are big. Have you carved all of these roads yet?
For the Ride the Highlands Foodies
Ride the Highlands is known for delivering non-stop deliciousness. From traditional polish food, gooey butter tarts, hoppy craft beer and mouth-watering BBQs, your saddlebags and your belly will be full. Check out our four featured stories that will guide you to the best places to ‘fill up’.
- Sticky Throttle Fingers _ BBQ to Brake for
- We Brake for Baking
- Best Biker Burgers
- Mmmmmmm Motorcycles & Microbrews – 6 Microbreweries & Cideries Worth Riding To
- Perfect Patios
All-Time Favourite Places to Put the Kickstand Down
As much fun as clocking 500 km a day is, it is important to slow down and enjoy what’s around us or to relieve the numb bum. If you are looking to break up the trip and extend your vacation, take the time to put down the kickstand and be a tourist. Learn about the best places to stop here:
- Ridable Roadside Attractions – Go Big or Go Home
- Riding and Relaxation – The New Type of R&R
- Top 5 Motorcycle Friendly Spring Run Off Lookouts
- Kickstands Down – Top 10 Historic Sites worth Stopping for
- Fiery Fall Colour Views
Ride the Highlands Testimonials
Curious about what your trip may look like? Check out what your moto-brethren has to say about their ride in the Highlands.
- Ride the Highlands Super Fans – Jason and Amy Lemke
- Oneland Embraces Ride the Highlands
- Logging High Mileage on the Highlands Loop
- Instameet 2017 – 6 Riders and a Whole Lot of Likes
- Cruising through Dynamite Alley – Some Road Trips are about Quality not Quantity
Kickoff Your Ride
Sold on riding the Highlands but need to know where to start? Our philosophy is based on making your trip planning easy. We take the guesswork out of planning your trip, with every suggestion and every stop reviewed by riders for riders. Our pre-planned loops and features like the Saddle Bag make keeping track of your route and stops easier. Let’s get started.
- Plan your Group Ride with Ride the Highlands
- Moto Camping in the Highlands
- Why Ride the Highlands is a Kickass Destination
- Trip Planning Made Easy
Now that you have the inside scoop, share with your buds and set a date to ride. Ride the Highlands is always happy to help assist with your group’s trip planning or give suggestions for your route. Give us a shout on Facebook or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and always remember to tag us on your Instagram posts @ridethehighlands or #ridethehighlands.